Thun Financial Advisors frequently hosts public webinars on issues related to American expatriate investments. We make the information provided in these online presentations available free to the public.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you might have.
Thun Financial’s Q&A devoted to your questions about U.S. expat investing and financial planning.
11.27.2018 at 7:00 a.m. CST by the Thun Financial Team
We consistently receive feedback that the Q&A session is among the most useful aspects of our webinars. Therefore, we will host a webinar that is completely devoted to your questions about U.S. expat investing and financial planning. All Thun advisors will be available on the webinar and will field questions in their respective areas of expertise.
Question topics may include (but not limited to):
- Year-end expat financial planning and tax strategy questions
- U.S. and foreign treatment of IRAs, 401ks and other US retirement account while abroad
- Asset allocation while living abroad
- Saving for retirement and while abroad
- College savings while abroad
- Social Security while abroad
- ETFs, mutual funds, individual stocks and bonds – what makes sense to use
- Maintaining US accounts while abroad
- Compliance and tax reporting strategy
- Finding competent tax preparers and lawyers
- Life insurance for US expats
- Retiring abroad
- Currency management and investing
- Wills while living abroad
- Cross-border estate planning issues
- Planning for mix-nationality and families with U.S. and non-U.S. citizens
- Reporting non-US pension for US tax purposes
- Problems with investing in non-U.S. mutual funds (PFICs)
- Foreign trusts
- Country specific issues
- Tax treaties
- And many more related topics!
Roth Conversion Strategy: Opportunities for Americans at Home and Abroad
11.06.2018, by Keith Poniewaz
Kieth Poniewaz of Thun Financial will address when the Roth conversion might make sense for American investors (especially in light of recent changes to the US tax code) and the tax and financial planning considerations of such a conversion.
Key Estate Planning Concepts and Issues for U.S. Expats and Cross-Border Families
10.11.2018 by Stanton Farmer
Stanton Farmer of Thun Financial Advisors presents on the complex issues regarding estate planning when Americans and mixed nationality families own assets across borders.
Currency Risk and Investing for US Expats, Thun Financial Advisors
07.31.2018 by David Kuenzi
David Kuenzi of Thun Financial Advisors discusses how to integrate currency risk management into a rational investment and financial planning strategy for Americans abroad and families who live across borders and must plan their finances in more than one currency or tax system.
US Expat Investing: Case Studies in Financial Planning for Mixed Nationality Couples
05.24.2018 by Stanton Farmer
Stanton Farmer of Thun Financial addresses the special planning and investing issues that affect couples where one spouse is a US person and one is not. Issues covered include gifting, estate planning, ownership of assets, implications for children, income planning, tax planning and choice of domicile. The discussion will be relevant for couples inside as well as outside the U.S.