U.S. Expats in the U.K. Investment Management and Financial Planning.
Tue, Aug 20, 2019 7:00 AM CDT
David Kuenzi of Thun Financial Advisors presents on integrated Investment Management and Financial Planning specifically for the needs of U.S. Expats in the UK. The presentation focuses on effective portfolio management and financial planning in the context of the complex tax and compliance environment in which Americans in the UK find themselves.
- Use of retirement accounts in the US and UK (IRAs, 401(k)s, UK pensions, SIPPs, ISAs, etc.)
- Interaction between the US and UK tax codes
- Investing strategies and asset allocation in the cross-border environment
- Currency management
- Avoiding US PFIC/UK reporting/non-reporting fund tax trap
- Impact of UK residency and domicile rules and recent UK policy changes
- US-UK cross-border estate planning
- Impact of US-UK double tax and estate/inheritance tax treaties
- College savings
- Charitable giving
Whether advising Americans abroad or expats in the United States, we provide an integrated service that encompasses:
American Expat Investment Guide
This report identifies key issues that confront almost all expatriate Americans when it comes to investing and managing their finances.
Topics addressed include:
- Where to maintain banking and investment accounts
- Currency exposure and global investing
- Implications of FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act)
- Portfolio construction
- Retirement planning
- Cross-border families
- Finding the right investment advice