US Expat Investment Management and Financial Planning Webinar
Tue, Nov 5, 2019 7:00 AM CST
Successful investing for Americans abroad has been complicated in recent years by the tax and regulatory implications of FATCA. This live webinar provides a detailed analysis of the challenges facing American investors and puts forth our approach to efficient, compliant, long-term wealth management and financial planning for American expatriates.
- Use of retirement accounts both in the U.S. and abroad (IRAs, 401(k)s, foreign pensions, etc.)
- Investing strategies, asset allocation
- Tax planning across multiple jurisdictions
- Impact of FATCA, U.S. citizenship-based taxation and other regulations
- Cross-border estate planning
- College savings plans in the U.S.
- Charitable giving
- Currency management
U.S. Citizen and Long Term Resident Expatriation: Look Before You Leap (2019)
Thun Financial's newest article by R. Stanton Farmer, CFP®on the strategic financial issues facing U.S. citizens and long-term residents* when they expatriate or abandon their green card.
* Green card holder for 8 years in any 15-year period
Whether advising Americans abroad or expats in the United States, we provide an integrated service that encompasses:
American Expat Investment Guide
This report identifies key issues that confront almost all expatriate Americans when it comes to investing and managing their finances.
Topics addressed include:
- Where to maintain banking and investment accounts
- Currency exposure and global investing
- Implications of FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act)
- Portfolio construction
- Retirement planning
- Cross-border families
- Finding the right investment advice